Your Healthcare Team

Several types of doctors specialise in treating people with heart conditions. A good first step is to see your primary care doctor or GP. Continue to work with your doctor to manage all aspects of your total healthcare. He or she may advise you to see one or more specialists to manage your heart condition.

Heart Specialists

  • Cardiologist
  • Electrophysiologist (EP) or heart rhythm specialist
  • Echocardiologist
  • Heart failure specialist

Other Healthcare Professionals Who May Be Involved in Your Care

  • Cardiovascular nurse
  • Theatre nurse
  • Catheter (Cath) lab/electrophysiology (EP) lab nurse
  • Follow-up nurse
  • Cardiovascular technician

Your specialist will typically send back full reports to your primary care doctor or GP who knows your entire medical history and is a key partner in the long-term management of your heart condition.

Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.

Last updated: 27 Sep 2010

Section Navigation

Additional information

Contact Us

Medtronic Australasia Pty Ltd 
97 Waterloo Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
PO Box 945
North Ryde NSW 1670 
work 1800 668 670 (Toll Free) 
work +61 (0)2 9857 9000